Gå til innhold

INFORMATION RIDING IN Nesbyen

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi!

I'm a French admin of Trailforks, digger and love to use trailforks ! . My wife and I just saw the video with Manon Carpenter riding in the Nesbyen zone, and we just fell in love, ahah! www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_hesGZi6g&t=329s

So, we are looking to come ride in this area in September. Is this a good month to ride?
Do you have any recommendations for us? (for accommodation, guiding, some zones to ride and people, restaurants... stuff like that)?

Thanks for your help !
If you need my whatsapp or more feel free to ask !
Fred

• Like 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Welcome!

Here's info about shuttling, and the website has more info about the area. https://www.trailheadnesbyen.no/no/shuttling

September is usually very good weather and light-wise in my experience, and the site (as you can probably see from heat maps or the "mtbmap nordic" app) has most of the trails on one side of the valley. The most efficient shuttling is there, and a good way to approach it is to do most of the day on that side, and then finish the day with the shuttle dropping you off at the other side of the valley and you ride down Påskestien, Beaster or maybe even Hallingspranget if you only want a long blue flowtrail.

When you shuttle on the main side, you get dropped off 500m from the Trailhead, and most of the trails start from there. If you're feeling extra strong you can push/bike up a small hill from there for like 45mins to get to the very top, and the trails that go down on the far side of that hill are really amazing.
Generally Nesbyen is steep and at times fairly chunky, but you don't need a full blown enduro rig if you have some skills. Lovely place with lots of natural trails and some built rollers etc. Some decent sized jumps also, but not very many iirc.

• Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

39 minutes ago, fredo4841 said:

Hi!

I'm a French admin of Trailforks, digger and love to use trailforks ! . My wife and I just saw the video with Manon Carpenter riding in the Nesbyen zone, and we just fell in love, ahah! www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_hesGZi6g&t=329s

So, we are looking to come ride in this area in September. Is this a good month to ride?
Do you have any recommendations for us? (for accommodation, guiding, some zones to ride and people, restaurants... stuff like that)?

Thanks for your help !
If you need my whatsapp or more feel free to ask !
Fred

cant help much with nesbyen info but generally we use mtbmap.no or trailguide with mtbmap as a map layer, good luck!

• Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Emtb skrev (5 minutter siden):

cant help much with nesbyen info but generally we use mtbmap.no or trailguide with mtbmap as a map layer, good luck!

If you have another zone in norway where riding is very good, we take it ahah ! 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The guy (originally from UK) who has been behind Manons visit and did the research has a company called Any excuse to ride where he arranges guided (shuttle) tours and also has nice accomodation in the "centre" of Nesbyen. Its a very small village so everything that's not up in the mountains is more or less the centre. 

Sept is the best month for riding trails in Norway. Still possible for ok temperatures and the trails has dried out over the summer (hopefully). 

https://www.facebook.com/share/BV6e6A8ofDjqYxvo/

• Thanks 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Will at anyexcusetoride is a great guide, went with him two years ago on some really nice trails you're probably not going to find using online maps. I absolutely recommend it, especially if you're on limited time and just want to see as much as possible.

There's been some work on the jumps on the west side lately, you can find them near the bottom of the long blue gravel trail if you're into that stuff.

As for other areas, if you're making a car trip out of it and going west then absolutely stop at Kaupanger (near Sogndal) on the way. 

• Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

21 hours ago, fredo4841 said:

canvas in telemark is a really interesting place to ride! completely unique landscape and hotel! 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've tried Forkbeard and Battle Scar at Høgevarde and they are both fun. Machine built but with a lot of natural features incorporated in the trail. Blueberry Jam, which looks like it will be awesome when it's done is delayed but they have said they will open parts of it as it becomes finished.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
fredo4841 skrev (På 10.6.2024 den 14.49):

I can recommend you Alvdal. Is a little more far away from Oslo, like 3,5 hours driving north. But you have mix of singletracks in woods and in the mountains. Take contact with Urørt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

The bear cafe is great, might be the best restaurant you find in Norway lol. The shuttle to worlds most beautiful pumptrack "Hallingspranget" leaves from there. A seperate shuttle company takes you to the enduro trails is close as well. If enduro trails are too greasy, Hallingspranget is great, pictures/youtube dont do it justice.

Høgevarde-Great add on, location was prettier than expected, only 2 trails/work in progress. The Lavo cafe at the trailhead was unexpected luxury on a rainy day.Cosy indoor seating with great beers and a real kitchen. Had a seafood soup that was world class, not the usual cream variety which is still good.

Lots of pavement climbing without shuttle but doable. Climbs geared toward ebikes at Høgevarde.

• Like 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...